Come join Eltham District Historical Society on a walk to follow the boundaries of the original Shillinglaw Farm in central Eltham.
Saturday, 4th November, 2017.
Meet at 2.00 pm in Panther Place Eltham, outside the Eltham Library (Melway Map 21 J5).
The Shillinglaw Farm comprised Lot 90 of Holloway’s 1851 Little Eltham subdivision. It was originally 30 acres in area and situated east of the Diamond Creek and north of Henry Street.
This short walk will include a number of stops to look at early photographs and maps to illustrate the gradual reduction of the Shillinglaw Farm, as well as the early history of the adjacent railway. It will also include many photos of the Eltham Town Centre.
Shillinglaw Cottage Cafe will be open before the excursion for those
who might like a coffee or something else.
This free walk is open to the general public as well as Society members. Phone number for contact on the day is 0409 021 063.
Please note that dogs are not permitted on Society excursions.